After your waxing service, you may expect the area to be red, some may experience blood spots due to thicker, courser hair and the area may feel tender and tingle.
For the first 24 hours after a waxing service, avoid the following to prevent irritating the skin:- Touching or scratching the waxed area
To soothe and calm the skin we suggest regularly applying an Aloe Vera gel. This will re hydrate the skin and sooth any distort you may experience. Tea tree oil can also be applied to the area for its anti-bacterial properties in ensuring the area remains bacteria free.
3-10 days after your waxing service, you need to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. The skin will close over the follicles and new hair may get trapped causing ingrown hairs.
Gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week with a body scrub or glove. It is essential that you perform this routine between days 3-10 after your wax service. Remember to not over exfoliate as this can cause damage to the skin.
Follow your exfoliation with an enriching and nourishing moisturiser. This process will prevent ingrown hairs and ensure that your next wax is easier and a little less painful.
- Do not allow water to come into contact with your eyes or lashes
- Do not apply any cleansers, or creams around the eye area
- Avoid touching or rubbing your lashes
- Do not use any mascara or lash serums
- Avoid saunas, spas, swimming and steam
- Try not to sleep with your face against the pillow
- Do not use eyelash extensions while you have a lash lift as you will increase the risk of damaging your natural lashes
- Your lash lift will last between 8 – 10 weeks depending on your natural lash growth.